Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Love in Josselin

Love in Josselin


One late night a few weeks ago, Skippy and I were out for a short walk before bedtime when we happened to witness the goodnight kiss
of a young couple just a few doors away.
I don't think they noticed us at all.  

I forgot all about it until a few days after when I noticed a small bouquet of flowers on the ledge by her door.  At the time I thought maybe she had left them there on the night I had seen "the kiss". They had wilted.

But the next morning while walking Skippy, I saw another bouquet on top of the first.  Since then, almost every morning there has been a new bouquet on the ledge by her door.  (Some days we go in the other direction so I don't know if they are there every day)  

Now, I feel compelled to check every morning and so I did today.
This time I took a picture of the small bouquet of deep pink roses.

There is no way to tell if this sweet ritual is requited by the young lady.  Does she tenderly place them in her favorite vase?  Does she toss them away, with the coffee grounds and apple cores?
Does she impatiently await their arrival and peek around the curtain to see?  Is he making up for a spat?  I wonder how long this gesture will go on.  I hope it never ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment