Monday, July 1, 2013

Le Premier de Juillet!

Here it is the first of July and in a few days it will be a full 7 months that I have been here!

The months, weeks and days have just flown by.  The next 5 months are going to go even faster, I know as I will be having my guests coming and going! 

But Right Now, I really want to concentrate on being in the moment.  The weather is fantastic.  Custom made for me.  I hope it stays this way all summer!  Upper 60's lower 70's...no humidity, blue skies, ahh, so "crisp". 

Yesterday I went out cycling again.  Much better than before.  The only bad part is pushing the bike back up the hills to get home.  That's very hard for me.  Part way back up I found a little "hidey hole" path where I stopped to rest. Further up the hill I had the nerve to ask 2 very fit looking teenage girls to take my bike back up for me.  I offered them money but they refused.  They were very sweet and that really saved me!!  I huff and puff like the engine that could.  But sometimes I can't.  Though I'm not really allowed that word. 

The bike ride itself was great.  Leisurely cruising along the canal towpath.  It goes for miles, though I didn't.  I don't really know for sure how far I went. I did have to stop now and then.
No biggie.  Sat on a bench.  Sketched.  Drank Water.  Watched people go by.  Other bikers, strollers.  Families.  Old people.  Saw a boat entering the lock. Saw a bunch of shirtless boys hanging out on a dock. They were dipping their feet in and one had a towel, but I can't imagine them going into that water. I am told there are coypu.  "Coypu".  yep. 

After taking Skippy out, I took myself over to the café and saw Frank there.  He's going to check around and put out feelers to locate an automatic car for me to rent.  I hope we are successful on that.  That is something I failed to research and have discovered here.  It is nearly impossible to find an automatic at the car rentals around here.  There may be a couple of them at airports, and then they are exorbitantly expensive.  No one here drives automatic.  If I had known, I would have learned back home before coming.  I know it's something I could learn, but I don't want to be a newbie on these country roads and get it wrong.  At least it's on the same side of the road that I'm used to!! 

Last night, dinner was a rôti poulet avec pomme de terre du marche et tranchés tomate avec fromage.  tres bien. 

Today, nothing much, walking around with Skippy, a jaunt to the bank, a stop in at the café and back home to write this!!  Then later, back to café for dinner.  Chevré Salade, maybe. 

So, I'm off to enjoy the rest of July 1st!  I hope you enjoys yours too!  Until we meet again,
Au Revoir!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment