Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The World Out There....

 Little shop down the block/hot chocolate/tea, etc.



As I write this a military coup is under way in Egypt.  There are tens of thousands of people in the streets of Cairo. Maybe a million. It's astounding to me that I can even see that sight here on my laptop.  They seem orderly, and united though I think it is unreasonable and irresponsible for tiny children to be present.  Riding on shoulders.  Such a dense crowd can turn dangerous in an instant.  But, still it is stunning to watch.  These people are protesting the government they voted into power such a short time ago.  They were in the streets then, too.  I don't know what will happen but the contrast between there and here in Josselin makes it all surreal. 

Here, it is tranquil and the doves are cooing.  It is 7pm and the day is winding down.  There are some tourists meandering around town and enjoying the prospect of some fine dining.  Walking with Skippy, we bumped into a large American family.  They weren't very talkative but the kids wanted to pet Skippy.  He has a way with people. 

Today was a little odd.  Brisk, chill wind this morning and deeply overcast.  Like April.  As the day wore on it warmed up but never lost that chill wind.  The sun finally burnt through around 3, which is typical for here.

I rode the bus to Ploërmel today.  10 km away.  Did some shopping, had an appointment and rode the bus back. 

I'm still working on a car rental.  You can't believe how hard it is to find an automatic at reasonable cost.  I'm trying to "work a deal".  

I'm going to look through my photos to see if I have any to post here.  I didn't take any today.
So until we meet again, au revoir!! bon journee



A couple who rides the mini-bus to Super U with me live in this house.  She told me it was built in 1537.  It is very tiny.  I'm sorry I don't seem to have a full shot.  Later.  
Shots From the Oldest House
Delphiniums in Hellean
Buying rôte poulet on market day
Deb & Rich's boy, "Klute".....probably spelled it wrong...
Deb & Anne-Laure    Anne-Laure is a student staying with Deb & Rich to "immerse" herself in speaking English.  She came from a town outside of Paris.  Deb & Rich take in students for this type of immersion study.
Chateau grounds


No comments:

Post a Comment