Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Voila !!

Voila!  I am finally here.  Back to my blog with so much to say.

Bastille Day!! Was the hottest day of the summer. Was in the high 80's.

 Over in Saint Croix (the little village other side of the canal) was a huge Vide Grenier! (Clear out the attic street sale)  There was a fund raiser for the Cat rescue Charity.  I volunteered to serve coffee, tea, juice and baked goods for a couple of hours.  All I really did was help out Sue and Ann a little.  We were under a canopy, out of the sun, but still hot as ____!  The most fun is people watching, greeting and surveying all the stuff people put out to sell.  I found some sweet "miniatures", very old French in style. 
I hope they raised a good amount for the cats! 

Late in the evening, Lucile and I went down the ramp to review the fireworks over the canal.  It really was spectacular and of course very similar to my own Independence Day fireworks.  There was beautiful music, choirs of "angels" singing, chanting a solemn, emotional anthem. So beautiful.
The crowd was quite silent during this part and only erupted a little after the finale.  Immediately following, the crowd very quietly dispersed....walking away holding hands.  I could relate only by taking to heart my own patriotic emotion and loyalty for my dear USA.  
 "stuff" for sale     (BTW, Moules and Frites are Mussels and Fries......most popular dish around!)

and Ann and Brian on Vide Grenier Day, Bastille Day, 14 Juillet 2013
Above:  Me with Hat and below....French "miniature"

And view of one block of Vide Grenier sale day                    and Fireworks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment