Friday, January 18, 2013

Big Event in Josselin!

BIG EVENT in Josselin!!!!

Yes, it happened.  SNOW!!!!  Everyone here is delighted.  There is no school.  We ran into numerous
kids all ages running around and playing in the snow.  All 2 inches of it!!   
In one photo you'll see people near the front of the Basalique.....they were having a snowball fight....so we didn't go up there.  Skippy was excited even though I had "promised" him there would be no snow here. (well, we were told it was rare)

It is super cold and difficult to handle the leash and the camera at the same time.  Gloves don't work. So my hands were frozen!  
In one picture, you can see the snow dusted castle spires beyond the gate.  Adjacent is the little chapel around the corner from my house. (no pic of chapel)  And another shot of just a pretty house in the snow.  Also, Skippy checking out the "bin".  There is a shot of my street.  My door is just before the parked car, just beyond the satellite dish.  I was trying to capture the snowplow.  Looks like a John Deere backhoe with shovel.  Last but not least, is another shot of Skippy, for good measure.   
Oh, alright, here's the little chapel.  It's attached to the gate wall in front of the castle.  I haven't been inside, yet. 

Seems I always have Skippy with me.   And I don't linger there because I don't want him desecrating holy ground. 

Have lots to do today, so this is brief.  Wanted to do a little update on the big event. 

Just a few days ago, Amy, Dan and I were walking around here in a mild drizzle.  Well, NY and NJ got 4 or 5 inches the other day.   Comparatively speaking, a sort of blizzard. 
Am cozied up here with my knit throw and fresh cuppa.  AuRevoir!!    Hope you enjoy the pix.






No comments:

Post a Comment