Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chicken, Cider, Galette, Lotto & Laughter

Saturday night   (samedi)  I enjoyed the most perfectly roasted chicken.  A bit was even shared with Skippy. (of course)

Sunday was a different kind of treat.  Ann and Brian Bird had invited me to join them for their
quarter annual village, or neighborhood gathering.  It is traditional to enjoy local Breton Cider, the special galette or cake with the porcelain Lady inside.  I did really enjoy that.  All those who found a Lady in their slice of cake were then to wear a paper crown.  There were 2 types of cider.  One was heavy and sour while the other was light and crisp.  I took the light, crisp one.   Very tasty.   The cake, flavored with frangipani was delicious.   After our treats we played a Lotto game much like Bingo.
After the games, coffee was served.  By 5 it was time to go.  Although the Birds had picked me up in their car it was really right around the corner from my house, so I walked home.  Originally, the event was to have taken place down by the river.  I don't really know why the venue was changed. 



                                                                      Ann & Brian

Not long after I arrived home, the Bertherat's stopped by and we had coffee, tea and Mango juice for the boys! They helped me figure out a lot of things I had been wondering about.  One of which was, "where to take the garbage"!!   (down the street in the big bin)  

After that I got a great email from Emma, which I will never forget! 

And just awhile ago a nice Facetime came in from Amanda and the gang in Newburgh!! 

So, I'm off to bed feeling warm and content and "tucked in" for the night. 

Bonsoir! till we meet again.......







2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Seems like you're settling in really nicely. By the time you really get settled and know enough French it'll be time to come home! You may just extend your stay! Who knows! Hope Skippy is settling in now. I know his trip was stressful. Love reading your updates! I bet when the weather gets better Josselin will get busy and seem like a different town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you made a quick adjustment! Enjoy reading all your blogs! Jo M

    ReplyDelete